Atonement Lutheran Church

Sundays 10:30 am
Wednesdays 7:00 pm

History

In 1902 Pastor Milton J. Bieber from Redeemer Church in Binghamton took the initial steps which resulted in Atonement's organization. After canvassing the conumity, a significant number of Lutherans were found to organize a new congregation. Lacking a building of their own, this new congregation first held services at the First Baptist Church in Oneonta, NY on 2/3/1903, and later the first Holy Communion was held at the Universalist Church on 5/3/1903. In November 1904 the congregation purchased the former First Baptist Church and remodeled it for thier use. In 1928 the congregation was instrumental in the establishment of Hartwick College as a church related institution. The current building was dedicated in 1963.

Learn More