Evangelical Lutheran Church
Sunday: 9:30 am
Established in 1839 to serve as a chapel for Hartwick Seminary, and the local population., and continues this mission even after the closing of the Hartwick Seminary. In 1967 it joined with St. John's (West Burlington) and St. Matthew's (Laurens) to form a Tri-Church Parish.
A Historic Reminder of America's Religious Past
Constructed in 1839, Evangelical Lutheran Church was the chapel for Hawtwick Lutheran Seminary, the first Lutheran Seminary in the country. Today it is one of two buildings that remain from the now closed seminary, and is the only building open to the public. This historic building is home to a series of beautiful stained glass windows made in 1887 by H. Stellwagon of Philidelphia.